Making decisions about contraception and family planning is a deeply personal and important aspect of your reproductive health journey. Our in-house gynaecology service, Midlands Women’s Health, now provide comprehensive contraceptive and family planning services, as well as diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of gynaecological concerns. When you visit our clinic, you’ll have the opportunity to engage in open and judgement-free conversations with our highly skilled medical professionals. We recognise that every individual’s situation is unique, and we are here to help you explore the full range of contraceptive options available.
Contraceptive Services at our Clinic in Birmingham
Midlands Women’s Health offer a wide range of contraceptive services, including:
- Highly Effective: Contraceptive implants offer a 99% effective form of contraception, lasting up to 3 years.
- Hassle-Free: The contraceptive implant is a slow-releasing Progestogen device inserted in the upper arm, eliminating the need to remember a daily pill.
Contraceptive Pill Prescription
- Common and Reliable: The ‘combined’ pill is a widely used contraceptive option for women, with a 99% effectiveness rate.
- Dual Mechanism: This daily tablet works by thickening the lining of the womb’s mucus and thinning the womb’s lining to prevent pregnancy.
Copper Coil Implant
- Long-Lasting: The copper coil is effective for up to 10 years.
- Non-Hormonal: This intrauterine system (IUD) offers a non-hormonal option with a 99% effectiveness rate in preventing pregnancy.
- Hormonal Option: The Mirena coil is a T-shaped intrauterine system (IUS) that releases progesterone slowly.
- 5 Years of Protection: Once inserted, this contraceptive method can provide protection for up to 5 years.
Depot Contraception Injection
- Oestrogen-Free: Depot contraception injections offer oestrogen-free contraception.
- Long-Lasting: This 99% effective option releases progesterone into the bloodstream over 13 weeks.
- Timely Assistance: We offer emergency contraception options, including the Levonelle tablet, the ellaOne tablet, and the copper coil.
- Expert Guidance: Our gynaecologists are available to guide you through your options, depending on the timing of unprotected intercourse.