miraDry UK Sweat Treatment In Our Birmingham Clinic
WHAT IS MIRADRY?
miraDry is a non-surgical sweat treatment that permanently reduces underarm sweat by up to 82%. This sweat treatment uses thermal energy to destroy sweat and odour glands in the armpit and has a 90% satisfaction rating with users worldwide.
As one of the Midlands leading cosmetic surgery & aesthetic clinics, we invest in state-of-the-art technology like miraDry to provide our patients with the latest advancements in aesthetics treatments.
miraDry is recommended by industry professionals as a safe, effective and permanent treatment from managing sweat. Using electromagnetic energy, the hand piece targets areas where sweat glands are found and eliminates them. Sweat glands don't grow back, so the procedure gives a permanent reduction in sweat.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER MIRADRY?
If underarm sweat is causing you problems in your every day life and you answer yes to any of the following questions, miraDry could be the treatment for you.
Book in for a free consultation at Kat & Co's clinic in Birmingham.
- Does your underarm sweat make you feel embarrassed?
- Does your underarm sweat interfere with your daily activities?
- Do you frequently apply antiperspirant?
- Do you worry someone will notice your sweat stains?
- Do you worry about your body odour?
- Do you change your clothes more than once a day due to underarm sweat?
- Do you wear fabrics, colours and styles of clothes that do not show sweat easily?
- Are you frustrated over constantly dry cleaning or ruining clothes?
- Do you often research online about different ways to stop sweating?
TREATMENT PROCESS - STEP BY STEP
Firstly, we will apply a local anaesthetic to numb the area, and then draw a treatment map onto your armpit to help target the MiraDry device directly at the sweat glands.
Next, we will apply the hand-piece. You will feel a sensation of suction as your glands are brought closer to the surface. This delivers microwave energy, destroying the sweat and odour glands.
This is how your armpit will look after the MiraDry procedure, giving significant improvement in sweat and odour.
ADVANTAGES OF MIRADRY
If you suffer from excessive sweating such as Hyperhidrosis or feel as though underarm sweating is just an inconvenience to you, MiraDry is the perfect solution! It is a safe, permanent treatment for managing sweat. Some of the advantages include:
- The procedure is quick and virtually painless, with minimal downtime after the treatment - side effects are generally short-lived.
- Since 2011, over 200,000 people have been treated worldwide, so the experience of the treatment is extensive.
- MiraDry has been through clinical trials and is the first and only device cleared for underarm sweating by the US Food and Drug Administration.
- The reduction in sweating is immediate.
- The treatment is permanent and only one, or two procedures are required.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the difference between sweating and hyperhidrosis?
There are two types of hyperhidrosis. Primary hyperhidrosis is the type of excessive sweating which occurs without a specific cause and can appear at times when you least want it to. Whereas, secondary hyperhidrosis is generally due to temporary circumstances such as pregnancy. However, as this type of sweating is temporary, we advise that you should not treat this unless the symptoms continue afterwards.
Don't I need sweat glands?
Whilst your body does need sweat glands to cool itself, your body has 2 - 4 million sweat glands and only around 2% of them are found in your underarms. Eliminating this 2% of sweat glands does not affect your body's ability to cool itself.
Is there any pain, downtime or side effects with this treatment?
Majority of patients describe the procedure as painless with little to no downtime. Local anaesthesia is administered to the underarms prior to the treatment for the patient's comfort. Some localised soreness or swelling may occur as well as swelling, numbness, bruising and sensitivity in the underarm for several days post-treatment.
How much does MiraDry cost?
MiraDry is unique in the fact that it does not require a course of treatments which is spread over either weeks or months. Pricing can vary depending on the treatment protocol to achieve your desired results and will be discussed during your consultation. Also, it does not require further 'top-up' treatments in the future. Once the sweat and odour glands have been destroyed, they do not regenerate.
First Treatment: Starting from £1495
Second Treatment (If Required): Starting from £900