The two stitch mini Facelift is an advanced version of thread lifts. Conventional thread lifts involve the use of barbed threads of various descriptions, with no removal of excess skin, and the duration of the results are dependent on the scarring and fibrosis that follow.
Both the two stitch mini facelift and its predecessor, the one stitch mini facelift, involves the removal of skin from the front of the ears. It is a minimally invasive procedure which can be carried out safely under local anaesthesia. It has evolved from the one stitch mini facelift and has an improved longevity as it involves the deeper structures.
The differences between the two stitch mini facelift and the one stitch mini facelift are summarised in the following table and video. It is important to note that the effect in the neck is noticeable only in patients with a thin neck.
This is a great procedure for patients who want a more subtle result and who are not ready for a full facelift. It is performed under local anaesthesia, takes one and a half hours to perform and patients can return back to work after 14 days. The scars are well hidden within the hairline and the junction between ears and the face. The risks of complications are less compared to a full facelift. The results are immediate but subtle and effective in lifting and tightening the skin along the cheeks and jawline.
TWO STITCH MINI FACELIFT PROCEDURE
|Operation time||90 mins|
|Nights in hospital||0|
|Risks - common||bruising, swelling, temporary numbness, temporary skin irregularity|
|Risks - uncommon||infection, bad scarring, asymmetry, bleeding, permanent numbness, delayed wound healing, early re-sagging|
|Pain and discomfort||3 - 7 days|
|Follow-up after surgery||1 week, 3 months|
|Time off work||14 days|
|Sports||2 weeks - walking|
4 weeks - everything
|Result||2 weeks until final result|
scars continue to improve over 18 months
|One Stitch Mini Facelift||From £4,162|
|Two Stitch Mini Facelift||From £5,146|
PARTIAL FACELIFT SURGERY INFORMED CONSENT FORM
Instructions on discharge
- A facial garment (provided) is recommended for the first week after surgery
- Antiseptic ointment to be applied to the scars in front the ears twice a day for 2 weeks, after removal of the facial garment
- Ice compress for the 2 days.
- Sleep with head slightly elevated on a few pillows for the first 2 weeks and avoid bending the head down.
- TED stockings (if necessary) to be worn for 2 weeks.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- Usually about a week after the surgery to check on the wounds and at the end of the second week to remove the metal clips in the scalp.
- No restrictions but avoid strenuous activities for about the first 2 weeks.
- Moisturise all scars for at least 3 months.
- Moisturise face and neck religiously.
- Avoid direct sunlight for the first 3 months.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS OR HAVE ANY QUERIES FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE CLINIC .
What our Patients say
2 Stitch Mini Facelift Testimonials
"Mrs Kat was wonderful, went through all the treatment with me and made me feel at ease. It was just like a family environment. The surgery went very well and looked great...”
""I was feeling really upset about my appearance as I was getting older. I was recommended Mrs Kat who discussed the options. I decided on a 2 stitch mini facelift..."
Before Two Stitch Mini Face Lift.
After Two Stitch Mini Face Lift
Before Two Stitch Mini Face Lift
After Two Stitch Mini Face Lift