Instructions on discharge
- The treated area will be swollen and bruised for 7-14 days depending on how large the treated area is.
- Cold compresses canbe used for short periods of time for the first few days, this will help with bruising and swelling. Do not use ice directly on the skin as it can burn, wrap it in a clean cloth first.
- Do not press firmly or rub the affected area.
- Clean area very gently with a mild cleanser, ifthe lips have been treated, lubricate lips with Vaseline.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- The donor site (where the fat was taken from) can be washed gently and then pat dry.
- Wounds will be checked at the dressing clinic usually around a week after surgery.
- All sutures are dissolvable unless otherwise informed.
- No restrictions but avoid strenuous activities for the first 2 weeks.
- Sleep with head slightly elevated on a few pillows for the first week and avoid bending head down.
- Moisturise scar after first 3 months.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS OR HAVE ANY QUERIES FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE WARD.