THE MICRONEEDLING SKINPEN PROCEDURE
SkinPen is the only globally FDA approved micro-needling device (SkinPen Precision) which is clinically proven with visible results seen after one treatment. SkinPen Precision creates controlled micro injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing response which initiates the release of natural growth factors to improve collagen formation and cellular tissue. Collagen Induction Therapy assists in the rejuvenation of the epidermal integrity resulting in improved appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. SkinPen Precision can effectively remodel scar tissue whilst maintaining the overall structure of the skin. SkinPen can be used on all areas of the face and body and can treat a number of concerns.
There are three phases involved in the wound-healing process:
Phase I (Inflammation phase) – The piercing of the skin triggers a response in your immune system which disinfects the wounds, increases blood flow and initiates new tissue formation.
Phase II (Proliferation phase) – A new network of blood vessels develop in addition to wound rebuilding involving new granulation cells.
Phase III (Remodeling phase) – The wound is replaced with new blood vessels and Dermal tissues.
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR SKINPEN TREATMENT? :
SkinPen Precision can help correct:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scarring
- Other scarring such as trauma or surgical
- Stretch marks
- Hyperpigmentation or irregular skin tone
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF SKINPEN?
- Collagen is naturally induced
- Healing period is relatively fast (redness for around half a day)
- Procedure is cost-effective
- Procedure is suited to all skin types (including laser-resurfaced skin). However, 'micro-needling' is not suitable for use on Active acne, Eczema, Rosacea, Psoriasis, solar keratosis and raised moles or warts
- No permanent epidermal damage is caused as no skin layer is removed compared to deep peels, dermabrasion or laser resurfacing
- Treatments can be repeated to produce maximum results
- No sun-sensitivity is induced
- All areas of the face, neck and body can be treated
SKINPEN MICRONEEDLING PROCEDURE
Procedure Duration: 60 minutes
Anaesthesia: Topical numbing cream is applied for comfort
Common Risks: Redness, swelling, slight fluid ooze
Rare Risks: Bruising
Pain and discomfort: Mild discomfort at the time of procedure
Downtime: 24-48 hours redness
Treatment Intervals: 3 sessions are recommended 4 weeks apart