Tatler's Cosmetic Surgery Guide Best in Class for four years running.
Diamond Awards 2021 Plastic Surgery Winner
Best Cosmetic Surgery Clinic West Midlands 2021
Most innovative Cosmetic Curgery Clinic Birmingham 2020
Why Choose Us?
Our purpose built Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is located within the heart of Edgbaston Medical Quarters, Europes Premier Medical District in Birmingham City Centre. All surgeries can be carried out in our dedicated operating theatre where you are looked after by a select team of surgeons, anaesthetists and nurses. *Disclaimer - Results cannot be guaranteed and there are risks involved with any surgical treatment.
Award Winning Expert Plastic Surgeons
Your consultation will be with Mrs K Oestreich, Consultant Plastic Surgeon who specialises in Cosmetic Gynaecology. Mrs Oestreich forms part of our Well Woman Clinic which comprises Consultant Gynaecologist, Consultant Plastic Surgeons and Therapists. Our Well Woman Clinic provides a comprehensive approach to looking after all the gynaecological needs of our patients.
Unrivalled Lifetime Warranty & Aftercare Support
We offer free unlimited follow-up consultations.
Revision surgery is free of charge (terms and conditions apply)
Kat & Co Team
Check out our team of doctors and practitioners, experts in their field of work, providing a range of aesthetic services, and our administrative team who will help you with your booking and experience at the clinic.
Birmingham Based Clinic!
Our purpose-built Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery Day Centre is located on Calthorpe Road, within the heart of the Edgbaston Medical Quarter.
Our ethos is to place our clients’ needs at the centre of everything that we do and provide the highest quality of service.
Take a Look at Our Instagram
Follow us on Instagram where you can see the latest before and after photos and videos, as well as patient reviews.
What our Patients say
Labial Reduction Testimonials
"I cannot thank Mrs C C Kat enough, a phenomenal lady who takes great care and concern as well a surgeon of perfection..."
"I would like to thank you, since I've had my labia minora surgery I feel more confident within myself and when I am with my boyfriend...”
"Many thanks for transforming me. I feel better already even with the stitches in!! You made the whole experience very easy & relaxing..."
Arrange Your Labia Reduction/Reshaping Appointment!
Frequently Asked Questions
Labia Reduction/Reshaping is one of the most commonly performed plastic surgeries in the world, with a high patient satisfaction rate. However as with all surgeries, you should always discuss the potential risks with your plastic surgeon.
There are some basic considerations that determine whether you may be ready for a Labia Reduction/Reshaping Surgery?
- You can clearly define the goals you would like to achieve with a Labia Reduction/Reshaping
- You understand what the procedure realistically can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the risks of Labia Reduction surgery
- You clearly understand your responsibilities as a patient in ensuring your procedure is safe and your results are maintained
- You are physically and mentally healthy
The procedure lasts for around 45 minutes under Local or Twilight Anaesthesia
Our Anaesthetists are leaders in the field of Twilight Anaesthesia (Consious Sedation). This is our anaesthesia of choice over General Anaesthesia although it is available as an alternative if necessary. The advantages of Twilight Anaesthesia are :
- Fewer side effects than with traditional general anaesthesia - less nausea and grogginess
- Faster and easier recovery
- Allows day surgery instead of overnight stay, with reduced risk of hospital acquired infections and deep vein thrombosis/pulmonary embolus
- Level of sedation can be controlled
- Good safety profile
- Good amnesia effect
- No ventilation needed
Click here to listen to patients talk about their Twilight Anaesthesia experience
Labia Reduction is a day surgery procedure under Twilight/Local Anaesthesia. You are typically at the clinic for about 4 to 5 hours.
Recovery time is much shorter with Twilight Anaesthesia. You are advised to rest for at least 24 hours after surgery. You can drive and return to work typically after 1 week if your work is not too physical. You can return to walking after 2 weeks, light jogging after 4 weeks and everything else after 6 weeks. But the recovery process can vary from patient to patient.
Labia Reduction/Reshaping starts from £3,200
The initial consultation charge is £150. There is no additional charge for a second consultation before proceeding with surgery. If you are not ready to commit to a formal consultation, we offer a free mini virtual consultation. Click here to book your free mini virtual consultation
The full consultation fee is taken when you make the booking. Our cancellation policy: Any Changes of the booking including cancellation within two weeks of the appointment date will incur a charge of 50% of the consultation fee. The full amount will be charged for any changes including cancellation within 48 hours of your appointment.
You will meet with your Consultant Plastic Surgeon who will talk you through the surgery and discuss practical matters and confirm costs. Following the session, you will be sent:
- Information leaflets pertaining to the treatment
- Pre- and post-operative care information
- Informed Consent Form which details the possible risks and complications and terms and conditions of treatment.
- Provisional cost
Your surgeon will also be writing to you with a summary of the consultation and details regarding the surgery. Should you decide to proceed with surgery, you will need to ring the the admin team at Kat & Co on 0121 456 7930 to identify a suitable date for the surgery
RISKS & COMPLICATIONS
Common risks include bruising, swelling, temporary numbness and mild bleeding. Complications are uncommon but can include infection, excessive scarring, asymmetry, bleeding, and delayed wound healing. You should always discuss the possible risks and outcomes with your surgeon prior to surgery.
We do not have a limit on the number of follow up appointment after your surgery. This can be virtual or face to face.
- On the day of discharge Hibiscrub liquid soap to be used for washing the wound in place of normal soap for 2 weeks. Only a small amount to be used. Wash after each visit to the toilet.
- Polyfax ointment to be applied to the wound and a sanitary pad to protect the wound for 2 weeks.
- Wear close fitting underwear to provide good contact with the sanitary pad and wound.
- Stop the Polyfax and Hibiscrub after 2 weeks, the stitches are dissolvable but may cause some itching, if there is still itching after 2 weeks then Sudocream can be used.
After surgery, you will have access to :
- an emergency phone number that you can call 24/7
- a cosmetic nurse specialist's phone that you can Whatsapp within office hours for non - urgent queries
- access to the clinic which is open from 7am to 8pm everyday Monday to Friday and alternate Saturdays
Kat and Co
'making life beautiful'
Phone Number:0121 456 7930
20 Calthorpe Road, Birmingham, B15 1RP