1. DO NOT SMOKE for two weeks prior to and two weeks after surgery. Smoking decreases your circulation
and slows down healing time.
2. DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN or products containing aspirin for two weeks prior toor following your scheduled
surgery. Aspirin has an effect on your blood’s ability to clot and could increase your tendency to bleed at
the time of surgery and during the post-operative period. Please read our entire Medication Alert.
3. Limit your alcohol intake for five days prior to surgery. Alcohol may create complications and
4. IF YOU DEVELOP A COLD, FACIAL SORE, FEVER, OR ANY OTHER ILLNESS PRIOR TO SURGERY,
PLEASE NOTIFY US.
5. DAY PRIOR AND SURGERY MORNING, please shower using only antibacterial soap (ask your surgeon).
Males receiving abdominal or flank treatment may prefer to shave the treatment area; females receiving
abdominal or thigh treatments may prefer to shave pubic areas below the hair line.
6. WEAR COMFORTABLE, DARK, LOOSE-FITTING CLOTHING on surgery day – including a shirt that
buttons all the way up the front. Slip-on shoes are recommended for maximum post-operative comfort.
7. LEAVE JEWELRY AND VALUABLES AT HOME. Do not wear wigs, hairpins or hairpieces.
8. SURGERY TIMES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY – you could be at the facility longer than indicated.
9. ARRANGE FOR A DRIVER TO AND FROM SURGERY. We cannot discharge you to a taxi. Make sure to
prepare your car and house before your surgery, so that you can come home and relax. We suggest that
you safeguard your car seat and bedding with a protective cover to prevent staining.
10. PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIETARY GUIDELINES INDICATED BY CHECKBOX:
- NPO (nothing by mouth) after midnight prior to surgery
- Fluids only after midnight evening prior to surgery
- Light breakfast day of surgery