Instructions on discharge
- The pressure garment needs to be worn day and night until the dressing clinic at about 1 week.
- All dressings to be kept dry until further instructed.
- TED stockings to be worn for 2 weeks.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- Usually about a week after surgery when the pressure garment will be removed.
- All sutures are dissolvable unless otherwise informed.
- No restrictions but avoid strenuous activities for the first 2 weeks.
- Sleep with head slightly elevated on a few pillows for the first week and avoid bending head down.
- Moisturise scar for 3 months.
- Head band to be worn around the ears at night for 1 month.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS OR HAVE ANY QUERIES FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE WARD.