Platelet Rich Plasma is a treatment that uses the body’s own healing power from refined plasma, rich in powerful platelets. This plasma consists of key cells and proteins which are extracted from a blood sample taken in the clinic just prior to treatment.
It is also known as the “vampire facial” and has received a lot of attention recently.
How does Platelet Rich Plasma treatment work?
PRP is a 3-step procedure as below:
1. Blood is drawn from your arm
2. It is placed into a machine that separates the platelets from the rest of your blood
3. This plasma is re-injected (only the part of your blood that contains a high concentration of platelets).
This procedure is known to accelerate normal healing pathways and when injected into the skin it will stimulate and restore it.
Platelet rich plasma therapy can be used to improve skin anywhere on the body. The main areas we treat are:
- Ageing around the eyes
- Lines/wrinkles around the mouth
- Full face
- Scalp for hair loss
- Diminish acne scars when used with microneedling
The concentrated platelet rich plasma (PRP) is usually injected into and around the treatment area, where it works to start the body’s natural healing processes.
What are the advantages of PRP?
- As your own blood components are used and nothing is added, there is no risk of reactions.
- It can be used on any area of skin – the main areas are eyes, face, neck, décolleté and scalp.
- It can be used for the delicate skin both just below and above the eyes
- Downtime is short, usually some puffiness or blotchiness for 2-3 days
How long will it take to see the results?
You will start to notice initial improvements in skin texture, tone and radiance within four weeks but the regeneration of collagen takes a bit longer, around three months. New collagen will make the skin look and feel firmer and tighter!
We recommend 3 sessions spaced 4 weeks apart for optimum results.
How much does PRP cost?
The fees for Platelet Rich Plasma treatment vary based on the application, size of the area treated, and the number of treatments. We offer treatment courses, as well as add-ons for other treatments for extra value and improved results.
|Hair loss (Single Session) SMALL AREA (<10×10 cm)||£400|
|Hair loss (Course of 3) SMALL AREA (<10×10 cm)||£1,100|
|Hair loss (Single Session) LARGE AREA (>10×10 cm)|
|Hair loss (Course of 3) LARGE AREA (>10×10 cm)||£1,500|
|Skin Rejuvenation Standalone (Single Treatment)||£400|
|Skin Rejuvenation Standalone (Course of 3)||£1,100|
|Skin Rejuvenation (Add-on To Other Treatments (Single Treatment))||£150|
Thank you to Dr Sonia for writing this blog post. To find out more about Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) click here, or to book a PRP consultation with Dr Sonia, or one of our other Aesthetic Doctors, contact the clinic directly on 0121 456 7930, or click here.