Average length of stay – daycase
Instructions on discharge
- You will have Aciclovir (anti cold sore tablets) and painkillers to take home.
- You will have Polyfax ointment to use for 7-10 days 3 times a day.
- Your skin will be swollen with some redness and oozing.
- Wash face with tepid water, a mild cleanser may be used after the first week.
- No touching treated area or picking at crusted skin.
- Avoid excessive facial expressions.
- Men – no shaving the treated area for two weeks. It is advisable to start shaving with an electric razor.
- No make-up for the first 7-10 days. Use mineral base make-up thereafter.
- Avoid going out in the sun for prolonged periods for the first 2 weeks and use a high factor sunscreen thereafter
- Usually about a week after the surgery when the treated area will be assessed.
- No restrictions but avoid strenuous activities for the first 2 weeks
- Sleep with head slightly elevated on a few pillows for the first week and avoid bending head down.