Instructions on discharge
- Mrs Kat very infrequently uses a drain which will be removed the morning after the surgery.
- The sports bra is worn over the dressings and to be worn day and night for the first 2 weeks and during the daytime only for the next 3 months.
- Gentle shower is allowed and pat dressings dry.
- TED stockings to be worn for 2 weeks.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- Appointment approximately 1 week after surgery when the tape under the breasts is removed and re-taped.
- Wound is allowed to get wet after this.
- A gentle shower.
- Bathing from 3rd week onwards.
- First week – minimal upper body activities.
- 2-6 weeks normal daily activities including driving but no excessive stretching of arms.
- 6 weeks onwards – all activities.
General scar care for first 3 months
- Micropore tape to the scars – once well healed – for at least three months.
- The micropore tape is to stay on for showering and baths and simply patted dry and not to be changed until it is very loose and almost falling off by itself. Frequent removal of the micropore tape can irritate the scar.
- Moisturise scar after first 3 months.
- Moisturising the surrounding breast skin.
- Sports bra to be worn during the day for the first 3 months.
- Normal bra and bikini can be worn for holidays and the odd special occasion for the first 3 months.
- No underwired bra for the first 3 months.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS OR HAVE ANY QUERIES FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE WARD.