Instructions on discharge
- TED stockings to be worn for 2 weeks.
- You may have a gentle shower and pat dressings dry.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- Rest and elevate legs as much as possible for the first 2 weeks.
- Usually about a week after surgery the wounds will be checked.
- All sutures are dissolvable unless otherwise informed.
- Avoid high impact lower body exercise for 6-8 weeks.
- Normal activities like driving etc are allowed after the first 2 weeks.
General scar care for first 3 months
- Micropore tape to the scars – once well healed – for at least 3 months. The micropore tape is to stay on for showering and baths and simply patted dry and not to be changed until it is very loose and almost falling off by itself. Frequent removal of the micropore tape can irritate the scar.
- Moisturise scar after first 3 months.
- Moisturising to the surrounding skin usually from the second week onwards.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS OR HAVE ANY QUERIES FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE WARD.