As the economy continues to struggle, cosmetic surgical procedures drop in favour of less expansive but effective non-surgical procedures.
The fee difference can be as much as a drop of 80% (eg £5000 for a surgical facelift vs £1000 for a non-surgical). Other advantages are local anaesthesia, clinic out-patient procedures with less recovery time. The main disadvantage is that most non-surgical procedures need a ‘top-up’ at variable intervals.
Examples of non-surgical procedures that are effective alternatives to their more traditional surgical counterparts are :
- Browlifts with anti- wrikle injections and Fillers
- Facelifts with the Smartxide Fractional CO2 laser
- Eyelid rejuvention with anti- wrikle injections, Fillers and the CO2 laser
- Nose reshaping with Fillers
- Lip enlargement with Fillers or Permalip
- Chin augmentation with Fillers
- Volumising of the face with Fillers
Watch the following video where an American Cosmetic Surgeon explains some of the above non-surgical procedures.