Average length of stay – daycase
Instructions on discharge
You will have a padded dressing over the operated area.
- Keep the nipple warm to encourage good blood flow.
- All dressings to be kept dry until further instructed.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- Usually about a week after the surgery when the dressing will be removed and replaced for another week.
- All sutures are dissolvable unless otherwise informed.
- No restrictions but avoid strenuous activities for the first 2 weeks.
- Avoid excess pressure on the operated nipple, a normal bra can be worn.
- No smoking, or being around people who smoke whilst wounds are healing.
- Moisturise scar for 3 months.