Instructions on discharge
- On the day of discharge there will be waterproof dressings under the pressure garment.
- Pressure garment to be worn day and night for 2 weeks but can be removed once a day for a quick shower.
- TED stockings to be worn for 2 weeks.
- One spare pressure garment will be provided.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- Drink a lot of fluid to replace the fluid remvoved during the liposuction.
- Usually about a week after the surgery when the wounds will be inspected.
- No restrictions on activities but wise to avoid anything strenuous for the first 2 weeks.
Wound care for the first 3 months
- Micropore tape to the scars – once well healed – for at least 3 months. The micropore tape is to stay on for showering and baths and simply patted dry and not to be changed until it is very loose and almost falling off by itself. Frequent removal of the micropore tape can irritate the scar.
- Moisturise the scars after the first 3 months.
- Moisturise the skin.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS OR HAVE ANY QUERIES FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE WARD.