Instructions on discharge
- Hypermellose artificial tear eye drops to be used throughout the day every 4 hours or whenever necessary for 2 weeks.
- Chloramphenicol eye ointment to be put into the eye at night for 2 weeks.
- Washing of the face is allowed but be gentle around the eyes where the tapes are as they help to hold the stitches in place. The tapes need to stay in place until the frist dressing check.
- Ice compress to the eyes for 2 days.
- TED stockings to be worn for 2 weeks.
- Sleep with head slightly elevated and avoid bending the head down.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- Usually about a week after the surgery when the sutures around the eyes are removed and another tape applied to the outer scars which can be removed at the end of the second week.
- No restrictions but avoid strenous activities for about the first 2 weeks.
Wound care for first 3 months
- Moisturising of the scars after the second week and for atleast 3 months.
- Makeup can be applied after the second week.
- Avoid direct sunlight for first 3 months.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS OR HAVE ANY QUERIES FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE WARD.