The principle of the Medical Roll-CitTM is that the "micro-needles" only penetrate through the epidermis and does not remove it, so the epidermis is only cleft and will rapidly heal. This injury, minute as it might seem, does cause some localised damage and bleeding. Percutaneous induction of collagen results from the natural response to wounding the skin, even though the wound is miniscule.
The process of micro-needling resulted in microscopic breaks in the blood vessels. Platelets from these breaks release a series of growth factors that promotes the natural production of collagen and elastin in the skin. The micro-needling also breaks the epidermis horny layer of the skin enabling better penetration and absorption of active ingredients from the introduction of treatment products to reach into the lower depths of the skin. This is about 10,000 times more effective than direct topical application. With the higher levels of vitamin A and vitamin C absorption, more collagen and elastin are being produced to smoothen and tighten skin conditions such as acne scarring and wrinkles.
Generally, after 6 treatments the following can be achieved:
- Fine lines and wrinkles including upper lip wrinkles are smoothened
- Skin is tightened, returning to its original thickness and elasticity restored
- Acne scarring and minor scarring is reduced
- Pigmentation marks are lightened
- Lessen dilated blood vessels
Advantages compared to other treatments:
- Collagen is naturally induced
- Healing period is relatively fast (redness for around half a day
- Procedure is cost-effective
- Procedure is suited to all skin types (including laser-resurfaced skin). However, 'micro-needling' is not suitable for use on Active acne, Eczema, Rosacea, Psoriasis, solar keratosis and raised moles or warts
- No permanent epidermal damage is caused as no skin layer is removed compared to deep peels, dermabrasion or laser resurfacing
- Treatments can be repeated to produce maximum results
- No sun-sensitivity is induced
- All areas of the face, neck and body can be treated
The cost of this treatment is £200 although this can alter depending on the size of the area.
Check out the treatment packages.